8 Jul 2007

in only seven days

Last week I was very busy. Not too busy, but it was rather mentally hard. However, I could do much more than I’ve been doing before.

Despite my expectation to be easier after the tender issue at the end of the week before, there were so much to do with the project last week. In fact, the project architect has gone to a holiday! So I needed to deal with a lot of things on behalf of her. I felt that she had almost escaped, as there were so many mistakes in the tender issue and I had to prepare a lot of information by the end of the week.

I had to work with our boss. He is already about 70 years old and quite difficult to work with. Although he had been working with us on the project, he wasn’t aware of everything and kept on asking me about many things that even I don’t know! The most difficult thing was to identify which part of work I should ask him to do and which should be done by myself. Also, I had to make or answer to a lot of phone calls and speak with other consultants, suppliers and even the client.

It was really hard. Even now in the Sunday evening, I’m so tired. But it was a really good opportunity. I was enjoying it. Generally, I sometimes hesitate to do something, particularly the things I haven’t done before, but this time there was no choice, I had to do it! Now that I feel I could develop myself quite a lot only in one week.

Am I getting closer to the project architect!?

No comments: